Poblano Ham and Cheese Sandwich
With the Fall scent in the air and a new sense of self with my move to the farm I anticipate lots of dinners that are soup and sandwiches. I am beyond thrilled this morning. This is a recipe post for Poblano Turkey and Ham Sandwich. It is a fave of mine, you can double the meat on this for a hearty sandwich and add more veggies..
With being pregnant I am trying to make dinner as easy as possible but I have a bit more energy then I had a few months ago. We like sitting in front of the TV talking about baby Dallas that is on the way. Easy clean up is important too, I am excited to grow my own poblano peepers next year in my garden and for baby Dallas to be with me outside in the fresh air.
- Your Bread, we used a sub roll
- Poblano Peppers
- Swiss Cheese
- Horseradish or Real Mayo
- Spicy Mustard
- Turn Broiler on or Pre Heat oven to 425 Degrees
- Slice Your Onions thin
- Cut off top of Poblano Pepper and remove seeds.
- Place Poblano Peppers under broiler and or in Oven
- Let them get nice and brown on each side, you can flip them. How Long?Depends on your oven, using the broiler they go quick.
- Remove from oven and place in Ice Cold Water for a few minutes
- Remove the skin using your hands or a fork, it comes off real easy.
- Slice Peppers in half and then cut into thin slices
- Cut your bun and add your dressing and Mustard
- Layer the bun, Ham, Peppers, Onion, and Cheese
- You can place this in Tin Foil and bake in a 350 Degree oven about 20 min or place under the broiler.
If you loved this recipe I hope you will check out all of our recipes on our recipe section.